My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Friday, February 24, 2006

RETIRMENT PARTY FOR A PINOY CO-WORKER

Dear Auntie Pattie Koh,

I have this co-worker who retired today and was given a retirement cum Despedida party by her department and the Pinoy employees of the building.

Aling Cita, (not her real name) after working with my company for 38 years, now age 60 years old, decided it is time for her to retire and just collect her pension. She will be retiring at her son's home in Hawaii.

She carries with her the life time retirement benefit and that of her husband, and of course a retirment package from the company, flying free, anywhere our airlines fly. The pension is not that big cuz she did not retire at the rightful age required by the government of 62 years of age. She told me, her husband is already retired and asked her not to wait for 62 years old and just retire.

Plenty of food was served on the table, especially from the Pinoy community at work. From the Kano, there were chips and dip and pop corn and vegetable with their dips and of course pop drinks, and cakes.

From the Pinoy community, there was this Sontanghon, Pancit Bijon, Pancit Canton, Pancit Palabok and of course Spaghetti. All the Kano was so elated with the food that was brought by the Pinoys.

Pero Auntie Patti Koh.... all the food brought by the Kababayans are all practically the same, only different presentation. Do I need to eat and sample all of it?

I ate the chips and the vegetables with the dips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home