My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

TULIPS GALORE

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

I was off from work today. It was a very nice day -- not so cold, even I was near the lake. I have to meet my best friend and we had lunch together within the area and vicinity of the great Northwestern University.

I love walking around this area. We call the entire area -- the Northshore. I live in the farthest end of the Northshore area and it is really very beautiful during this season of the year.

The whole neighborhood is enveloped with so many Tulips, in different colors and shades. My Tulips bulbs has already came out. It is crimson red. And I love it very much.

Driving along the Sheridan road, at the Northshore area, I have passed by houses with their well manicured lawns and well trimmed trees. The Mexicans are now starting to do their chores of cleaning and trimming the trees in the neighborhood. I do mine. In fact, I was cutting the grass at my front lawn with my dog Misty and did some trimming of my three apple trees at the back yard. I don't need to hire any help to do my lawn. It is an additional expense in the budget.

While driving along the historic Sheridan road, I have noticed that all the Tulips bulb has already bloom. There ia bright yellow, with tips of whitish color. There is a reddish color, with a mix of yellow on the side. There is the shocking color puple and mix with yellow and white Tulips. It was so fantasmagorical to look at. There is is yellow combine with white Tulips and then bordering hedges of green. It was so pleasing to the eyes.

Auntie Patti Koh..... I feel like singing the theme song of the movie Sound of Music. I just don't have the nun's habit to go with it, plus there is no mountain to run around. It was a very nice day, plus I was able to have lunch with my best friend and we were able to talk and share more stories on what is happening with ourselves and our families. We have not seen each other for a long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home