My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

CELEBRATING MY GRANDNEPHEW'S BAPTISM

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

I just got back again from New Jersey, to attend and celebrate the baptism of my grandnephew Jordan last 16 Oct. It was one good party after the Cristening. Only family and close friends.

I have to brag about the food to you, because I did the cooking for the party and I am proud of what I did and have created. I was told to cook for small group of people only, but knowing my ability to cook and not knowing how to cook for small group, I did it again. Cooked a lot. Here's what I have cooked and created:

The started is called Three Happiness, Shanghai Egg Roll, Pinsek (stuff wonton with shrimp) and Vietnamese egg roll with vermicelli noodles inside and spicy. Then we have salad with turnips, green mangos, tomatoes, carrots, vidallia onions, yellow pepper,cucumber in red wine vinegar dressing. The main entires was steamed pink Tilapia, de-boned and placed in a colorful platter with all the trimmings and decor. Then we have Mafo Tofu, ground pork with tofu and the spicy sauce,we have Pancit Bihon guisado, Jumbo shrimp in red pepper sauce, Barbecue Pork fried rice. The roast beef, pasta, meatballs and spaghetti salad was given by the grandparents side of my grandnephew in law. The sweet table has chocolate cake, and I made Leche Flan (custard) Buko Pandan (young coconut in Pandamus oil) with tapioca pearls and green gelatin, in coconut milk cream sauce.

And so Aunti Patti Koh, I am back home and is trying to recover for another day before I go back to work tomorrow. I never regretted the cooking I did, no matter how laborious it was. I made my family happy and smiling including the friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home