My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Monday, September 25, 2006

THE SURPRISE FROM MY ELDEST SON

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

Last Saturday evening, my eldest son came to the house to have dinner with me and my wife. He was in such a very jovial state. I thought it was just natural for him, everytime he comes to the house he always jokes around with us.

Then he broke the ice and was asking us if we like his girlfriend "A". My son was saying that his girlfriend is not Pinay and a pure breed Italian/Irish. He was trying to explain so many things to us, so I cut him short and asked him what does he really wants to tell us.

My son said that his girlfriend will be finished with her schooling next year and she lives in New Jersey. He was asking permission if they could live together at his apartment. My wife and I just looked at each other, and then my wife told my son that that is his own decision to make. He is old enough to know what he wants in life and what will make him happy.

I asked my son -- if he really loves the girl, it has to be what both of them wants and what intentions both of them are planning. I asked him if he was serious with this girl, since this is his fourth girlfriend. He was telling us, that this girlfriend of his listens to him. She takes care of him everytime she comes to Chicago to visit and stays with him. She is so simple and not very vain, and does not smoke and a casual drinker.

My wife asked my son, in case they will get married, if they will live permanently in New Jersey. He told us, that in fairness to his mother, he will live in Chicago and will tell his girlfriend his intentions. Then I asked my son if he is willing to bring home to Pinas his girlfriend and introduce her to his grandparents. He said they have talked about it and his girlfriend is into it. She wants to go and see the Phils. and wants to meet the family, especially my parents.

I was so touched when my son told me should he marry, he will stay in Chicago, to be close to us and in fairness to his mother. I know those words has touched the heart of my wife and mine too. I was looking closely and intently at my son, and I do believe that this son of mine is trying to put himself to see both his happiness and ours.

I think my wife and I have done a good job for my son.

So, Auntie Patti Koh, we went on vacation last week to Pinas and Hongkong for two weeks and when we were in Hongkong, I bought a pearl necklace for my son's girlfriend. My wife bought a jade brooch for her. Looks like both of us are excited for this happiness of my son. I hope and pray that this could be IT. I wanted to have my own grandchildren.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home