My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Monday, July 03, 2006

MICHAEL BUBLE' .... GREAT SINGER AND GREAT SONGS

Dear Auntie Pattie Koh,

I was ill one time, and was all by myself at home. I was then visited by a close friend who is a musically inclined person, even when we were in the seminary. He still do some musical arrangements for a group called PAX MINSTREL. This is a group of ex-seminarians and ex-priest, who performs (when invited) and then the royalty they get from the invitations that they receive goes to the missions.

Going back to my illness, so comes to the house this friend of mine. He told me not to be so worried about my health problems, and plugged in my VCR a DVD by a performer called MICHAEL BUBLE'(Boob-Lei). The very first song of this singer, I ws immediately impressed. And then as I was wathching the entire performance of this artist, I was so stricken with all the antics, the songs and the actual relationship that he has with his audience. This particular DVD and performance that I was watching is being taped by the Public Television's Great Performances.

The entire segment of the presentation called : MICHAEL BUBLE' Caught in the Act, was so great, that I decided the next day to buy some of his CD's.

Michael, was from Vancouver, Canada, and was a fisherman with his father on their fishing boat for seven years. He was saying that it was a long and hard work. Onboard ship, according to him, he was doing so many things, including cooking. And when at night, he was behind the wheels of the fishing boat, he will listen to old time favourites and standards, from the songs of Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Otis Redding, Ray Charles, Ella Fitzgerald and so on. He was so engrossed with all the songs of this legends, and started singing it. Then when he was 17 years old, his grandad, who was a plumber, will take him to some of the joint that his grandad frequented and will talk to the band to listen and make his grandson sing. Some of them was so afraid to let him do his stint, because they were thinking that he might make a mistake and just make a fool of himself. One band leader, who is known by his grandad, gave him his first break, because of his grandad's promise to this guy that he will fix his plumbing needs and problems for free.

So, Michael, sings all the standards and jazz songs that I know and heard from my Dad when I was growing up, and he sings and interprets that songs differently -- on his own way. His voice is so hard to explain. He was a Sinatra,Martin,Davis and others combined together. His original song HOME, was rated the No. 1 song of the land, in the chart.

Yesterday, I was reading the US News, there was a listing on performers and their ranking in live performances. Michael Buble' is rated No.2 on the Top 10 Live Performers, with a rating of 99.4 percent in audience attendance and sales.

So now, Auntie Patti Koh, for some reason I cannot explain, I was so engrossed and in love with the music and performances on DVD that I have, by this artist. Watching over and over his DVD that I have on his live performance for Public Television, relaxes me and ease my stress and anxiety from work.

I remember a saying from a great musician (name I forgot)
" Music charms the savage beasts"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home