My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Monday, June 19, 2006

CELEBRATING FATHER'S DAY -- 18TH JUNE

Dear Auntie Pattii Koh,

My family celebrated Father's Day yesterday with me and my wife.

My eldest son tagged along his girlfriend to the lunch table and my youngest son joined us also. They did some grilling at the back of the house and my wife prepared the salad and the table. I was awaken when the table is set and the lunch are all prepared. I always sleep until 12noon since I work nights and arrive home at around 5am and by the time I could fall asleep it is already 6am.

We had fun at the lunch table, telling stories of our travels abroad and the two boys travels to Europe. They were telling their experiences to my eldest son's girlfriend, Asia.

The boys gave me the CD and DVD of Michael Buble'. They know I love this singer/artist very much and his renditions of standard songs and the songs of great singers/performers. He is also good in Jazz and R & B .

After lunch, the two boys and Asia left. They have their own agenda and places to go and things to do.

The house became quite and empty again. It is only me and my wife and my dog Misty, left at the house. I have a big old house and once the boys left, the silence is very intense.

And so, Auntie Pattie Koh, back to the same old routine. My wife went to do the laundry and I prepared to go to work that everning. This is the routine of our life. My wife and I is the only ones' left in this old house and my aging dog Misty. I went to my den and plugged in the CD of Michael Buble' and listen to all of his songs and started reminiscing the times when the boys are still young and fill this old house with their noise and running around. I miss those times, but there is nothing I can do about it --- the boys have grown up, and they have their own life to take care of.

I guess, I will have to wait for next year's Father's Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home