My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Monday, May 08, 2006

I LOVE ANIMALS

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

I work for a major airlines in Chicago, and our office is sitauted/located near the runway of the busiest airport in the world.

The runway is being re-configured and additonal ones has been made and the security of the peripheral has been given more security and better work.

Before the runway was re-configured and other works done at the runway, in our parking lot, at night or early in the morning, in my case at 2:00am, when I walk to my car at the parking lot, I always sees lots of animals prawling around the area. These are harmless creatures and in fact always gets scared of people when they saw us.

Deers abound the area, grazing on the grass at the bans of the parking lot. Then there are scunks, the most hated creature because of their smell and ferocious odor once the animal sprayed you with it. Not to mention the bunny rabbits, that is scattered all over the lawn, including the landscape area of our building. There are raccoons and squirrels and of course the coyote, which always makes some of the girls scream and yell out loud when they encounter this animal within the parking lot.

In general, the whole area is really a haven for so many creatures. But now, I can only see the bunny rabbit around the area of the parking lot. I miss these animals.

It is because, Auntie Patti Koh, the government needs more space for the landing strip and they don't care about the habitat of these poor creatures. The city said this is progress and they cannot help it. In fact on the other side of the airport, western strip of it, they are going to relocate an old cemetery that has been there long before the airport was built. The city is suing the airport and blocking the proposed movement and relocation of the cemetery and its lonely inhabitants.

Oh well!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home