My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

THE PERILS OF TOO MUCH MEDICATION

Dear Auntie Pattie Koh,

I was ill for more than a week now. My neurologists is out of the country and I was not able to contact and communicate with him personallly. I have to wait until he returns back on Monday and then I could see him and pour all my medical and health problems to him.

I was having tremor and palpitation last week. Maybe it is because of stress and emotional problems at work and at home. I started to have problem in sleeping, and so my Trigeminal Neuralgia problem started again. The pain is unbearable, so I took another dosage of the present medication(s) that I am taking. After a few hours, I was feeling different and have to call the hospital and check with the ducty doctor what is happening and my symptoms that I am feeling. I was recommended to take a pill and the hospital called the 24 hour drug store to dispense the medication for me so that my wife could pick up the medicine at around 1:30am. I took the pill, and after a few minutes, I was sweating and I feel like shouting and so scared to close my eyes.

My wife got so scared, so we went to the emergency immediately. All medications that I was taking was halted. The medication that was just prescribed to me the hospital found out was a Hallucigenic medicine. That was the reason I was so nervous and wanted to scream and I am so scared to sleep and close my eyes.

Then a call from my Neurologists nurse as being directed by my doctor, that I have to take another medication and which I did -- and I felt okey immediately.

I stayed overnight at the hospital. The insurance and doctor recommended that I just convalesce at home. I am feeling alright now, and I have reported for work for the past three days now.

So, Auntie Pattie Koh, it is so hard to have too much meducation. At times it does not work well with each other. However, if i dont take my medication that is presently prescribed for me, I will have other complications and medical problems and impediment.

I am just lucky, I am in the states. What if I am sick in the Philippines, without all those pills and medication that I am taking right now.?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home