My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

SEPT 11 HANG UP

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

I am suppose to leave with my wife back home for a two week visit to Manila, this Sept. 11, but I was a little bit paranoid. The terrorist attack on Sept. 11 always becomes a scary memory for me.

I don't want to watch documentaries and even news that shows the destruction of the twin towers especially the footage that shows people jumping out of the building to their death. That is so morbid for me.

My son said I have to keep remembering the Sept. 11 event because this is a grim reminder for all the people of the world, that there is still people who for what reasons and purpose in life, still has the demonic feeling of doing harm to other people who are innocent and has not done anything evil or bad to anyone.

The Sept. 11, my wife is also telling me, is an example of "man's inhumanity to man".It is a day that will be in the memories of everybody and will serve a silent reminder, that evil is lurking anywhere. Best thing to do is be vigilant and be focused on the good to overcome the bad.

And so Auntie Patti Koh, am I paranoid to feel so paranoid on Sept.11?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home