My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

MY EARLY RETIREMENT

Dear Auntie Pattie Koh,

On Thursday 12 October, my friends at work will give me a retirement party.

I have filed for an early retirement package, because I can see what is happening in my department. One can read the writings on the wall. The call center, for this airline, where I am working is about to move to New Delhi. At present time, there are already some Indians who are answering the calls.

I have thought about this for a long time, and yes, O finally have come to a conclusion that I need to get out of that palce while there is still some benefits left if not caught by furloughs, which is happening left and right in this company where i work.

I am not that old Auntie, I still need to work until I reach the retirement age to collect social security pension, which is 67. Still a long time. But at least the tension and the pressure at this work that I hold for this airline, will be able to ease my burden and my Neurologist was telling me will make lots of my illnesses disappear and the nervouse tension affecting my body including my Type 2 Diabetes, he said might be stabilized and eventually will not give me further problems.

My friends told me not to worry about the food. They will come and bring their specialties. But lots of them is asking me to bring the Shanghai egg roll, which all of them are dying for.

So Auntie Patti Koh, I will try to exit from this company qietly. I don't need a lot of noise and funfare. I prefer the quiet exit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home