My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

APPLYING FOR A PART TIME JOB

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

I went for an interview in a very prestigeous foundation taking care for the Dounce Syndrome.I have a niece who has Dounce syndrome and I have come to respect these people and come to love them also during the time I was attending to my growing niece (from my wife side). I do volunteering job during summer time. It was a very nice experience and worth the time also.

I wanted to put up a house for these God's creatures and needed some more experience. So I went for an intrerview and wanted to work in one of the houses for the foundation. If I have gained enough experience(s), I will put up a home called (CILA) Community Integrated Living Assistance. Now that my two boys have chosen to be on their own, this is the time I need something to pass the time away, like as if I cam taking care of kids, special kid to that effect.

I have observed and learned a lot from my niece. She could utter words and could comprehend. She knows what is happening around her, and she even works for some hours in a restaurant clearing dishes and putting it in a bin for washing. She is being treated in the house as a normal person and we give her lots of love and patience. We were told about the life expectancy of the Dounce syndrome and we are prepared for it. My niece is now 32 years old and hopefully she could still live longer with still lots of people around her, giving her lots of love and understanding.

My wife's sister has already applied for admission her daughter to be accepted at Mesicordia House of Mercy. This is a housing and a small community for the Dounce syndrome. Run by the Catholic Charities and its beautiful. They are interacting among themselves with lots of activities and plenty of time to learn and understand the people of their kind around them. They even have a coffee shop inside the complex and a store called "Twice Blest" selling products and crafts made by the community.

I don't feel sorry for them. They are really God's children who does not have any worries in the world. They are always young at heart and will always have a pure heart.

And so Auntie Patti Koh, I am crossing my finger that I get accepted for this type of job and type of challenge. I know I have plenty of things to share with them, both emotionally and physically.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home