My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

MY ONLY PINOY GROUP IN THE STATES

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

I belong to this group called PAX, it is a Latin word meaning to say : PEACE. This group is composed of ex-seminarian and ex-priest belonging to a German congregation and has big seminary, school and parishes in the Philippines.

We are now all married and our spouses are children are part of the group. We have members from different parts of the world and different states in the U.S. including Canada. We have members who are still currently priest(s) and some are still in the missions in Africa, Indonesia and other South East Asian countries.

This year, the Chicago group will be hosting the yearly get together this coming August. The president of the Chicago chapter is so excited and verybusy trying to take care of all the things that is needed for the said event for August. There are different groups that has been created and chairperson has been assigned. I was assigned for the food and the dinner party on the last evening of the events. I do catering and really knows how to budget money and take care of the food and meals. So the end of the month, we are all being called to submit the things that we have done plus the budget needed by each group and the one in-charge of the hotel will have to report the progress of their dealings with the hotel where the venue for the guest(s) and the meetings will be held.

I am trying not to discourage the president of the group, because I have given him hint that before the end of the month, I might give up the chair of the food and catering. I have not informed him yet that I might not be able to attend the four days event at all because of conflict with my work schedule.

And so Auntie Patti Koh, it is so hard to tell the president of the group my intention(s) and what is happening. I don't want to break his heart. He has plan this event since January and looking forward for the event. He wants to show to the members coming from other parts of the states including Canada that Chicago has something to give and show. I wanted to tell him, this should not be a competition...but I cant'.

I am now trying to see other options, because I really don't want to break the heart of the president of the group. He is a good man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home