My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Monday, March 06, 2006

ARE THESE PASSENGERS CRAZY OR WHAT????

Dear Auntie Pattie Koh,

I came home early today. I am not feeling well, my Trigeminal Neuralgia is really upsetting me. The pain is unbearable. The calls in my line are wost also. So many complaints from weird passengers.

My first call is from this old lady (she sounds old on the phone) complaining about he expensive silk scarf that she said she bought in New York. (I have not in China town). She was blaming the flight attendants, stealing her expensive silk scarf.

So I asked her, where was the scarf when it was stolen.
She said it was around her neck. I was asking her, if it was around your neck, how can the flight attendant steal it from her neck, without her knowing it.

She said she was asleep and when she woke up, the scarf is gone.
This woman is now demanding for compensation. Okey --- so I gave her US$25.00 travel certificate. Then she shut her big mouth.

Naku, Auntie Patti Koh..... the scarf is not expensive after all, she accepted the travel certificate that I gave her for $25.00. It's either she just want to get something from me ---- or she is just plain sinile or crazy.

The second call came from a Pinay, who is very rude on the phone and arrogant also. She was claiming that she went shopping in Korea duty free shop, The most expensive perfumes money can buy.

She placed the duty free shopping bag underneath the seat infront of her.
She forgot it, and only realized that she does not have it --- when she arrived home and unpacking her suitcase.

This is how the conversation went on....
"Heelow (hellow)... I was unburd (onboard) flt so and so."
"I leeft (left) a bug (bag) underneat the sit infrunt (infront) of me".
"Beery (very) expinsive (expensive) perfumes. You must find it."

So I explained to this passenger, she can call the lost and found at JFK, and she can live her name, phone contact and brief description of what she was looking for and if the agent has located it, she will get a call. After 72 hours from the time she called and there is no call.... it means to say, the airport did not locate the item she was looking for.

This woman yelled at me and said ....
"Istupido (stupid)...my husband is a loooyear (lawyer) I will saw (sue) your company".

I hang up the phone, I will not be insulted by a Filipino with a curled tongue when she speaks English.

Kaya Auntie Patti Koh.... I will always iron my tongue before I go to work, so that I will not speak in English like as if the tongue has been curled by a hair curler!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tatang REtong said...

Mel,

It's great to see that you are posting again. I hope you continue to post your experiences in America.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home