My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

I REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THIS WEATHER

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

I have just called my nieces back home in the Philippines and they were telling me that they are doing the ritaul of "Visita Iglesia". They were telling me that it is so hot and humid at their place and it is so hard to handle the humidity. But they told me they are used to it already.

I told them, we are all bundled up here and we just had some snow yesterday and we are still going to have some more this coming saturday. The weather is still cold and the sun is not showing at all. The weather is so gloomy.

They were all telling me that it is a Holiday back home and everybody is in the provinces trying to cool off and there rest are just in the city enjoying the freedom of mobility because there's not much traffic since lots of people have gone to their respective provinces to spend the Lenten season.

I have explained to them that we still work and we cannot take some time off from work even during the holiest days of the Lenten season.

I miss those Holy Days of obligation and I really wanted to see again those religious processions.

And so Auntie Patti Koh, I went to visit this photo blog in the computer to see some pictures of the many traditions that we have in the Phils. I want to recall the times when I was a small boy bein a participant in al these religious festivities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home