My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

ANOTHER WINTER STORM

Last Friday 01 February 2008, we were hit by winter storm. My back porch with the pile of snow.

My back porch overlooking my neighbor's garage.
My SUV, partially buried in snow, because I already scraped some of it in order to get to work and sschool.


My barbeque grill that I was not able to cover properly. I cannot use it anymore for summer.




My son who is in college which is 3 hours drive from home, left his car. I don't have time to scrape the snow.




My front yard. The evergreeens still have the Christmas lights attached to it. Now I cannot remove it until springtime.
Dear Auntie Patti Koh,
We were hit by a terrible snow storm last Friday. It was very bad and lots of schools were closed because it was so hard to travel. I have to force myself to work because I have no choice. Nobody will take care of my patients in the Assisted Living that I am working. Even if it was only ten minutes drive from home.... the drive was terrible. I have to leave the house at 5:30 AM and the snow plows have just started to clean and salt the streets. The driving was so dangerous. My work place is also covered with at least 6 inches of snow and the maintenance crew will be coming at 9:30 AM to plow the snow.
Going to school in the evening is dangerous too. Lots of cars are driving at a very slow pace. The road is really bad and the snow plows cannot clean the snow and salt it, because there are still lots of cars. There were lots of fender bender and accidents on the road. We were sent home early. Instead of leaving the school at 10Pm, we were ordered to go home at 8:30PM. On my way home, the highway that I am taking was closed because there was an accident of 7 cars pile up. The snow was blowing and it is hard to see. It took me a good 1:30minutes to get home on a usual 30 minutes drive from school to home. The road was so dangerous and when the snow is blowing, I could hardly see anything.
The weather man said this Wednesday, another storm is brewing and people are being asked to prepare for it.
And so Auntie Patti Koh, this is our life in the States. Plenty of snow for Halo-Halo.
Sincerely yours,
IN FRATERNAM MEAM




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home