My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Monday, July 23, 2007

I FIND MY NEW JOB EXCITING

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

Sorry, I don't visit you very often nowadays, because I am busy with schooling and doing my new job. I find it very fulfilling and very challenging.

Yesterday, Sunday, I was off from work and there is an ongoing summer fair in my town and I saw one of my patient who is active and can fend for himself, at the fair ground. I asked him if he wanted something to eat and he told me that he has already eaten and just wanted some ice cone. So I treated him for an ice cone.

I was watching him from a distance and see if there will be some problem, in case anybody mess up with him. I always carry my ID with me where I work and the certificate that I am authorized to look after these type of person.

They are God's Twice Blest and for me, there is nothing like being a champion for these God's creatures who cannot speak for themselves and are very innocent and pure in their minds and in their thinking. They are mentally impaired, but some of them has the ability to move around, express themselves and even work and earn money as normal human being, but of course with supervision.

As I watch my ward from a distance, he was standing in front of the stage where there is a live band playing and there are people dancing. He was also dancing and clapping with the rhythm of the music and the singing. I was with my wife and asked her to look from the distance my patient. He so innocent and I am so overprotective of him.

When the band said they will be singing their last song, my patient approached me and said he will just walk by himself to his home. He said I am off today and he does not want to disturb him. He walked back to his home to join some of his friends like him, Twice Blest, but he does not know that I was following him in my car with my wife from a distance.

And so Auntie Patti Koh, my deeds for today looking for that young man that is mentally impaired, has done its course. I felt great inside me and I felt happy that I am part of their daily lives, from Mondays to Saturdays of the week and I look forward in being part of their lives, as long as I have the ability and the strength to do so.


Sincerely Yours,

INFRATERNAM MEAM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home