My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Saturday, June 02, 2007

RETURN TO VANCOUVER,BC, CANADA

CHECKING THE STORE OF CANADIAN INDIANS ARTWORK AT VANCOUVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
NATIVE CANADIANS ARTWORK HANGING AT THE ENTRY OF THE CUSTOMS ARRIVAL AT THE AIRPORT.


THE GREAT EAGLE,HANDIWORK OF THE NATIVE CANADIAN AT THE ARRIVAL AREA OF AIRPORT.

THE GREAT HARDWOOD CARVING OF THE NATIVE CANADIAN AT THE FOYER OF THE AIRPORT ARRIVAL

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,
Have returned back to Vancouver, BC in Canada, to check on my uncle, the youngest brother of my mom. It was hectic schedule because I only spent one night with them, because I have to return back to Chicago for the trainings that I am taking. I cannot disrupt the training or else I won't be able to get my certifications. I need these certificates for my further schooling and studies this winter semester for Nursing.
I always come to Vancouver and never noticed some of the great artworks that was created and done by the Native Canadians. This time, I stopped by and check on it individually and was not in a hurry to get into the line for the immigration check point. I was attracted to these artworks.
The great cedar circular art work with carvings telling the stories in the lives of the natives was hanging at the top of the stairs leading down to the immigration checkpoint. It was placed behind a fiberglass and there is cascading water behind it for effect. It was so beautiful. As you head down further to the arrival area, you will be greeted by this hanging eagle, in the traditional interpretation of the native and was done in their artwork form. It is so spectacular looking at it hanging at the ceiling of the airport. Then as you clear customs and have picked up your bags, when you go upstairs on the first (second floor) level of the airport, which is the departure and the food court, you will be greeted nby this huge wooden artwork, depicting the passage of the native Canadian in their canoe. It is so huge and so beautifully handcrafted from the local trees that abound the in province of British Columbia.
And then when I was about to fly out, I decided to explore the stores at the airport that sells native Canadian artworks. My wife took the picture while I stand in front a stuff bear that roam the forest of British Columbia.
And so Auntie Patti Koh, I am back again in Chicago, in this grueling training and schooling. My job demands that I get these trainings and be certificated, which I did. I had the last of the trainings yesterday and I am ready now to handle my new job!!
Sincerely yours,
INFRATERNAM MEAM


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home