My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

WHY ARE THEY STILL HERE IN THIS COLD PLACE???

This is the south fork of the Deerfield river that will join the Chicago River.



Dear Auntie Pattie Koh,
The sun finally showed up this afternoon and it was not so cold yet, so I went inside the forest preserve by the river and I saw all these geese. I cannot understand why they have not left and flown to some place warm in the Southern States. I guess even the fowls are confused with what is happening with the weather.

I was also confused about the weather in my place. October is supposed to be cold and windy, but the weather is changing and last week we have 70 degrees weather and some people are wearing their shorts to school and some office workers are eating their lunch at the park, not inside any deli or restaurant that they usually have their lunches.
It is so nice to watch all these geese in the water. They are also wondering around golf courses to eat some of the weeds and move around the parks and other places where they can lay their eggs. The geese are so used to people that even in the soccer filed they go marching during the play and everybody has to stop to let them pass. Nobody tries to harm them when they cross the street.
And so Auntie Pattie Koh, I was so relaxed this noon time when I was inside the forest preserve by the river just watching all the geese and the birds. The whole area is so quiet an so peaceful I wish you have been there!!
Sincerely yours,
INFRATERNAM MEAM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home