My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

MY LOVE AND YEARNINGS FOR CHERRIES






Dear Auntie Patti Koh,
My back door neighbor has a cherry tree and I have three apple trees at my back yard. We are trying to compete with each other when it comes to the fruits of our trees. I was talking to her this morning and was asking her why has she not harvested yet the cherries. She was telling me that even the cherries is already red, it does not mean to say it needs to be harvested. She said the cherries has to be harvested by the end of August. She said to me also, that just like me I will not harvest my apples even it's already red, because the harvest season for the apples are late September.
When I went to Vancouver BC before my surgery, I took the flight via Seattle, Washington and boarded the bus going to Vancouver BC. The landscape was so beautiful and when I left the boundary of USA in Tualip, Washington, there I saw the many cherry plantation along the route and of course the most sought after Washington apples.
When I arrived in Vancouver Bc, and stayed at my uncle's house in Surrey, BC, my cousin took me around the neighboring plantations and showed me the large tract of lands that is solely devoted to cherry plantation. Majority of the plantation in the environs of Brisith Columbia is owned by Indians from India. The fruits are not yet ready for picking and I was told it will be harvested starting August. I was told also that half of the produce goes to the United States.
This morning I went to the grocery and yes, there is an abundance of cherries on sale which was formerly $3.99 a pound but now it is on sale for $1.09 a pound. My friend at the wholesale grocery where I go said if I wait for another week, the price will go down to $0.99 a pound. I cannot wait, I love cherries very much.
And so Auntie Patti Koh, I have hoarded cherries in my fridge and my two sons who went home to the Phils. yesterday, took with them a case of cherries for their grandparents and cousins. Did you know also that cherries is good for those who have kidney stone problem and for those who are having a hard time moving their vowels, this fruit is good to eat.
Sincerely yours,
INFRATERNAM MEAM



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home