My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

WHAT I DID LAST WINTER

My clinical instructor with one of the patient and with one of my classmate. She is an Indian/British nationality who was born in South Africa and speaks more than five languages. Very intelligent and A good clinical instructor.
My two classmates. The one with the eyeglasses has lived in the Philippines for more than five years. Her family lives in Quezon City at Scout Delgado. She graduated from Faith Academy in Cainta,Rizal.

This is my whole class. Nobody wants to enroll anymore in allied sciences and the school will not allow more than 13 students per class, if there are students enrolling. I was the only male in the class and I love the attention. The lady on my left is always seated besides me in class. We are the two senior in the class.


I love this picture very much. This classmate of mine studied CNA for her mother. She wants to take care of her own mother herslef. Isn't that nice.



The nice pretty young girl besides me is the youngest in our class and in the entire college that graduated for that semester. 17 years of age and the darling of the class.

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,
Before my surgery last July 2008, I went back to school last winter of 2008. I was not able to download the pictures because I lost the camera. I just found it today, when I was not looking for it.
Since i retired from the airline business for 14 years, my eldest son told me I will just be bored at home doing nothing and advised me to do something. So, I looked for a part time job close to home and something that will interst me. I found one, took the exams and passed the exams, got qualified and now working and taking care of the mentally handicap. During the time that I have been working for these "Twice Blest", it hit me to further understand them and learn more in a clinical way to take care of them, so I enrolled at College of Lake County in Gurnee, Illinois. It was a 30 mins drive from home, depending on weather (since I enrolled during winter time).
I enrolled as a Nursing Assistant and graduated last May 2008. I got my certificate and now a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
I thought I won't make it because of my age and the schooling and the study is too much. I am at school from 5:00 pm till 10:00 pm from Mondays to Fridays. It was very comprehensive. We are only allowed to be absent for one day by the school. We cannot be absent more than the required days/hours by the government or else we will be removed from the program.
And so Auntie Patti Koh, I am sharing you this picture and by the time you are looking at it and reading it, I will be in my physical theraphy for another four week s and will be back at work, by October the first,taking care of the mentally handicap, using what I learn from school.
Sincerely yours,
INFRATERNAM MEAM


2 Comments:

Blogger Kiwipinay said...

naks! the only rose among the thorns! hahahaha!! eh di super special ka sa mga chika babes na yan? buti hindi nagselos si ate E!

2:25 AM  
Blogger infraternam meam said...

it was fun, but they treat me like their elder brother. there are two of us in the senior citizen position. the other lady is very much senior than me. she is 70 years old.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home