My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

THE LONELINESS OF BEING ALONE AT THE HOUSE

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

I am still doing my therapy at home and I was told that this is a long process of recovery. My wife has returned back to work since I can now move inside the house with the aid of my walker and cain and the Physical Therapist comes daily and the nurse to check on me.

But when they are all gone, I am left all by myself in house with my dog. I cannot watch TV and cable the whole day. I try to read books but at times it is so boring also. I need to do something but I was advised by the nurse and the Physical Therapist that I still have limited movements even at home until the surgeon gives me a clearance.

It is so hard to undergo this Hip Replacement Surgery. All of my movements during the recovery are as if being measured. I can only go down the stairs with my therapist because she straps me with a Gait Belt just in case. In the absence of my therapist, I have to call my son to assists me in going down the stairs and be able to sit at the veranda of the house to see some movements outside. I cannot sit in a chair more than two hours without standing up and moving a little bit. My hips has to be exercised.

Now I am all by myself inside the house, I have to wait for my wife to come home and help me go downstairs. I don't want to venture on my own because I have a nightmare one night that I have fallen on the stairs and my hip got hit badly. I was awaken by my wife sweating and screaming. That was a very horrible nightmare. This is the reason I am having a hard time going down the stairs because that night mare is still in my mind.

And so Auntie Patti Koh, I take consolation in my computer at home.In time I am sure, all be well again and I will be active and will be able to move around without the aid of my walker or cain.

Sincerely Yours,

INFRATERNAM MEAM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home