My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Monday, December 01, 2008

FIRST SNOW STORM OF THE SEASON












Dear Auntie Patti Koh,
The snow storm came late last night Sunday and when I woke up and check outside the window the parking behind my house is already blanketed with four inches of snow. I hate shoveling the snow and scraping the snow in the car. I needed to go out with my wife and I have no choice but to clean the car of snow.
The snow stopped at 12noon and so the pictures are all taken after 12noon. We have to go to the grocery and get some of the necessities for the house that the two of us needed. Even its only the two of us, we still need some necessities for the house. I have to buy a new winter boots because my old Timberland boots is so tight and feels like it no longer fits me. I need something that is fully insulated so my feet will always be warm and dry.
After shopping, I told my wife to check the Forest Preserve along St. Marys way. It was so white and as if the branches of the trees are covered with cotton. The lake was covered with snow, but we did not venture further near the lake platform because it might be slippery and I don't want to have another hip surgery. We took pictures from inside the car.
And so Auntie Patti Koh, I have a feeling we are heading for a bad winter this year. According to the weatherman, there is another storm coming and it will bring another four inches on top of what is already in the ground. I have to shovel the snow and spread out the salt to melt the slippery spot in my backyard and front step of the house.
Do you still want to come to the States??
Sincerely Yours,
INFRATERNAM MEAM



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home