My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

LAST OF THE FRUIT HARVEST IN THE U.S.

Golden Plums

Persimmons
Valencia Oranges



Granny Smith Apples



Red Plums




Florida Oranges





Washington Apples





Michigan Apples


Dear Auntie Patti Ko,
This is the last of the harvest in the U.S. for this season. After this, all fruits will be imported from South America, like Chile, Brazil and Peru. America always have fruits all year round.
We are now producing fruits that is supposed to be coming only from countries like China and Japan. Fuji apples are now planted in the states and even Persimmons are also harvested in the States. Some fruits like the Asian Pears are still being imported from Korea and Longan from Vietnam and China. Grapes are now coming all the way from Chile including Bananas and some watermelon coming from Mexico.
The American diet always have fruits, and so Auntie Patti Koh, I will miss the real taste of fruits that are really planted and harvested in the States. Anyway, there is nothing we can do, because of the change of climate and the abundance of fruits from other country during winter time.
I hope you liked the pictures of the fruits that I have posted for you.
SINCERELY YOURS,
INFRATERNAM MEAM





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home