My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I LOVE SNOW, BUT NOT THIS MUCH!

Dear Auntie Patti Koh,

Finally, I am now a little bit relieve that I can move around without any worry about snow and ice on the road and streets. We were hit by the first snow storm fo the season and it was very bad. There are still snow on top of my SUV that I cannot scrape. It has turned into ice.

The snow came badly and it has given us at least 12 inches on the ground. The weather forecasters where advising people to take care and prepare themselves. I did prepare for the coming of the snow and immediately filled the gasoline container with gas and the oil mixture for my snow blower.

When the snow came, I was prepared.... I thought I was, but I was not fully prepared. I have only one sack of salt to melt the snow and ice left in my basement and I cannot go to the hardware to buy some more. I have spinal problem and none of my sons are available to help me haul the heavy sack of salt. I have to be austere in the use of the salt for the driveway and the front step.

I have a snow blower that is only 2.5 horsepower and this is the one that i have used to remove the snow on the ground. I bought an indistrial one, second hand from my compadre and it was so heavy, I cannot even maneuver that damm thing.

Anyway, Auntie Pattie Koh, I was able to remove the snow when the storm has passed. The only problem I have is that - there are some spot at the backyard that was left with snow and it turned to ice. The salt melter cannot melt it and there is a warning again in effect this thursday, the temperature will drop again.

There goes the life of people in places were there are four seasons to deal with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home