My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Friday, December 19, 2008

THE ONGOING SNOW STORM

View of the snow storm at my my backyard showing my neighbor's car. View of the snow storm taken from my front door.



Dear Auntie Patti Koh,
I did not go to work this morning because My backyard was buried in snow and I cannot move my car. The man that I hired to plow the snow has not yet come to plow the snow because the snow storm will be ongoing until 5pm tonight. The road is okay because the city has plowed and salted it. The problem is the side roads and my backyard.
This is the second snow storm of the first months of the season. I hope it does not rain tomorrow because this will cause more problem. The snow will turn into ice and it will be more problematic. I just bought three bags of salt for the pavement and my driveway. When the plow removes the snow in my driveway, I need to salt it so that it will not become ice and slippery.
This is the time of the year that I am always very careful and afraid to venture outside especially walking thru the snow. I don't want to slip and fall because I had already hip replacement surgery. I don't want to have another one.
And so Auntie Patti Koh, in pictures, our friends from back home is so excited about the snow. But when they are already here and have stayed in the States for a long time, they will be wishing to come back home to the Philippines.
Sincerely yours,
INFRATERNAM MEAM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home