My Photo
Name:
Location: Chicago, United States

I am now at the prime of my life and have been married for the past 25 years. Sickly at times, but wants to see the elixir vita, so that I will be able to see my grandchildren from my two boys.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

THIS CONFUSES ME


Dear Auntie Patti Koh,
I went to the produce market yesterday to buy some fruits that I like very much. Since I just returned back from my trip from the Philippines, I still have the liking and misses the Mangoes back home.
So I bought a case of Mangoes and the name of the Mangoes says "Manila Mangoes", but they came from Mexico, not Manila, Philippines.
I bought a bag of oranges that I like very much also and it says Valencia oranges, but they came California, not Valencia, Spain.
So I talked to my son about this who is study Culinary Arts. He explained to me that this is just a name that was given to the fruits that I bought because it draws people to buy them, since the varieties of these fruits are already known to be good.
And so, Auntie Patti Koh, my ignorance was saved by my youngest son.
Sincerely yours,
INFRATERNAM MEAM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home